Dr. Robert Semco,
Dr. Rob attended Tufts University for Dental School, where he graduated first in his class. He received his training in Orthodontics at the Mayo Clinic, which accepts only one resident per year. He continues to study innovative techniques in orthodontics with the same passion as he did in school. When he's not in the office, Rob likes to train his pet hawk, read a good book or go out to dinner with his family.
BA: Mathematics, URI
BS: Physics, URI
BS: Applied Mathematics, URI
Graduate Studies: Nuclear Engineering, MIT, Boston, MA
Pre-Dental: Harvard University, Extension
DMD: Summa Cum Laude: Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA
Dental Residency: Advanced Education in General Dentistry, Ft. Carson, CO
MS: Biomedical Sciences, Mayo Graduate School, Rochester, MN
Orthodontic Residency: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Dr. Semco and Nancy Semco also frequently attend continuing education seminars and courses.
Honors & Awards
- Rhode Island Monthly, Top Dentist 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Xi Xi Chapter Outstanding Alumnus, Tufts University
- Dr. William S. Kramer Award of Excellence for Highest GPA in Class
- The American Academy of Periodontology Annual Award for Outstanding Achievement
- The American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Annual Award for High Achievement
- The Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Award for Excellence in Fixed Prosthodontics
- Sigma Pi Sigma National Physics Honor Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Fellow, World Federation of Orthodontists
- North Eastern Society of Orthodontists
- American Lingual Orthodontic Association (braces behind the teeth)
- World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry (low dose radiographs)
- American Academy for Oral Systemic Health
- Past President, Newport County Dental Association
- Past Board Member, New England Dental Society
NANCY Semco, R.PH.
Nancy is the first warm, smiling face you see when you walk in. She will be a key point of contact for you as a patient. She is happy to help you with whatever you need! Nancy graduated from the University of Rhode Island with a bachelor of science degree in Pharmacy. She has 14 years of experience and education in orthodontic care. When she's not in the office, Nancy likes to spend time with her family, walk her Bichon Frise, Jack or travel the world.
Carla can be found chairside helping your orthodontic treatment go smoothly. She loves spending time with her family and watching an occasional rugby or hockey game. Her brother is an avid rugby player. Though your treatment is always overseen personally by Dr. Semco, Carla's knowledge and experience ensures your safety and peace of mind. One thing is for certain, Carla is a professional at what she does.